- Car Buying Tips - Free information on buying new and used cars, leasing and avoiding auto scams.
- CarFax - See the history of the car you are considering (VIN required)
- Edmund's Publications - Consumer information experts. Easily run comparisons on new and used vehicles.
- Fighting Chance - For $34.95, you receive complete pricing data on the vehicle you're considering, plus its record in the market place, available cash incentives, negotiating tips, and access to a "live" purchasing coach.
- J.D. Power & Associates - Automotive marketing research.
- Kelley Blue Book - New and Used vehicle pricing reports.
- RoadLoans - Competitive rates on financing for new and used cars (refinancing, too).
- FDIC site - Check to see if your bank is FDIC insured or if it is in trouble.
- Finaid - A comprehensive site that covers all aspects of financial aid.
- National Center for Education Statistics - Information on past three years of college/university costs.
- Salliemae - Calculators for estimating college costs, savings needs, and student loan payments as well as a great deal of financial aid and scholarship information
- Savingforcollege.com - Quarterly 529 plan reviews and other tips on saving for college.
- IRS Website - The IRS Website, information on forms, publications, and frequently asked questions.
Investments - Discount Brokers
- Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. - Discount broker
- Scottrade - Online discount broker
- TD Ameritrade View account balances, market news, and other services offered by the discount broker.
Investments - Financial News & Quotes
- Bloomberg - Financial market news and stock/mutual fund quotes.
- CNN Business - Business and Financial market news
- InvestorGuide - Comprehensive stock research tool. "Tools" tab provides links to other sites.
- MSN Money - Financial market news and stock/mutual fund quotes.
- Wall Street Journal - Financial market news and stock/mutual fund quotes
- Yahoo - Keep track of your overall portfolio and get detailed charts on your individual stocks and bonds.
Investments - Investor Education
- Investorwords - This site is a database of more than 5,000 key investment terms, plus some 15,000 links related to words and concepts.
- Motley Fool - Online calculators and information to help answer basic questions.
- SEC Investor Education site - Online calculators, broker and/or advisor information, investor alerts, plus links to other government sites.
Investments - Mutual Funds
- Fund Alarm - Stay abreast of significant changes influencing the people behind the funds, and receive email alerts whenever a fund you own announces a key development.
- IndexFunds.com - A resource on the use of index funds, or passive investing, versus conventional actively managed mutual funds.
- Morningstar - This company is well-known for its mutual fund star rating system, and this site has many useful research and analysis tools.
- Mutual Fund Education Alliance - A large source of mutual fund news and information, plus daily price info and one-, five- and ten-year annualized returns.
Investments - Publications
- Forbes - Online edition of Forbes magazine.
- Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine - Magazine plus calculators, investor education and more.
- Smart Money - Smart Money
- Bankrate.com - Mortgage calculator and basic information
- Eloan - Compare loans, quotes, calculators
- HSH.com - Mortgage news, rate comparisions, and calculators
- Realtor sites - Customized searches by city, mortgage information and glossary.
- Medicare - You resource for Medicare information
- Social Security - Site to verify benefits and your earning history
- Consumer Reports Magazine - Informational articles and product recalls are free on this site (subscription required for full online version).
- The Dollar Stretcher Tips - Free online newspaper full of tips, hints, stories and links for living better for less.